Friday, July 3, 2009

One Month

One month ago today I gave birth to my beautiful baby boy. I became a mother. On one hand, I cannot believe that he is a month old already. On the other hand, I cannot believe that he is only a month old. It feels like he has been with me forever. Someone once said "Children are your heart walking around outside of your body." So very true. I never realized how much I could love someone until I had him. Here are some things I want to remember about Riley being one month old.


  1. You love to be cuddled, snuggled, and held close. You cry whenever I put you down and secretly I love the fact that I'm the only one who can comfort you.

  2. You love to eat. It doesn't matter if it's from the bottle or breast, you're very much in love with eating.

  3. Your hair is a reddish, brown, almost coppery orange color. I have no idea where you get that from.

  4. Youe eyes are dark blue. I'm secretly hoping they change to green like your daddy's or hazel green like mine.

  5. You won't sleep unless you're right beside me, all snuggled up.

  6. You are wearing size 3 month clothes and cannot fit into your newborn clothes anymore.

  7. You are wearing size 1 diapers.

  8. You nap like a champ in your car seat, especially when you're sitting in restaurants.

  9. You have a love/hate relationship with your pacifier. Rarely will you take it, but when you do, you love it.

  10. I love your little toes.

  11. I love how when I hold you and feed you, you get so peaceful and content that you will fall asleep, mouth wide open, milk dripping out, and smile your toothless grin at me.

Riley - One month old

No comments: