Wednesday, July 30, 2008
Heeeeeere's Jenny!
I realized tonight that I am psychotic. I mean truly out-there, fruit loopy, freaking nutty crazy. Let me explain. As I was cooking dinner tonight, a horrific storm blew through. I managed to finish dinner (of course I was cooking chicken on the grill, outside), serve dinner and clean up after dinner when the power went out. This was around 6:40pm. After a couple of minutes without power, I began frantically calling the electric company to report our power outage. The phone was busy! Honestly, who tries to call the power company when their power is out??? Anyway, after 30 minutes of no power, Robin, Dawson and I go joy-riding through town to see how much damage the storm has done and to see if there's any chance we may get our power back on soon. We find that most of the town on our side is without power. Once we get back home it's around 7:30pm and Robin tells all of us we're going to bed. It was at this point that I suffered my psychotic break. I found myself staring at my dear husband sleeping peacefully and snoring. I began to imagine myself as the proprietor of the Overlook Hotel and I was Jack Nicholson. Cabin fever had set in and this was only an hour and a half into the darkness. I tried desperately to think of things I could do: laundry...nope, dishes...nope, read something....freaking nope! I finally got through to the electric company. I was desperate and explained to the poor man on the phone that I was Jack Nicholson in charge of the Overlook Hotel and I reeeeeeallllly needed the power back on to save my sanity. He hung up on me! If you are worried about me, don't be. I come from a long line of severe cabin fever sufferers. My father is notorious for not being able to sit still, as well as my mother. During the blizzard of 1993, my father single-handedly shoveled our entire driveway (in excess of 3 feet of snow) and began working on shoveling out the main road. Just because he couldn't stand to sit still. Neither can I. I can't stand to do nothing. Gotta go...I think there's laundry that needs to be done. Or dishes. Or both.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment